The sale of radioactive substances in Western Australia must comply with the requirements of the Radiation Safety Act and the Radiation Safety (General) Regulations.



In Western Australia radioactive substances may only be sold by persons holding a licence for sale of radioactive substances, or by persons acting under the direction and general supervision of a licensee.

To apply for a licence you will need to complete and submit a licence application form [PDF < 100 kb]. There are no specific prerequisites for persons applying for a sales licence.

The licence amendment form [PDF < 100 kb] may be used to change your postal address or name, add or remove a licence purpose, or to terminate your licence.



Radioactive substances may only be sold to persons holding a licence, or relevant exemption from licence, to possess the substances. The Radiological Council must be notified in writing of the sale, purchase, transfer or dipsosal of sealed radioactive substances to a person in Western Australia. A registration amendment form [PDF < 100 kb] is available for this purpose. The Radiological Council requires that a complete list of unsealed radioactive substances sold, is kept and submitted periodically.



A registration is only required if radioactive substances are being stored in Western Australia.




Further Information


Related Pages


Download  Adobe Acrobat ReaderFile formats
Adobe® Acrobat Reader is required to view Portable Document Format (PDF) files.

Page last revised: 20 August 2013